Step by Step Guide going into Race Day: Click Here
Here are logistical suggestions and important information for the two-transition (Rattlesnake Bar State Park at Folsom Lake and in downtown Auburn @ Lincoln Way & High St.
At registration you will be given two bags, one for your wetsuit and T1 gear and one for your running shoes and T2 gear. Please label them with your race number for easy identification. Consider using your own backpack/duffle bag at T1 to more easily identify your stuff when you pick it up at T2 after you finish but it must have your name or number attached to it. Also label your wetsuit with name and phone number! Just in case. T1 is a CLEAN transition, you need to take the time to stuff ALL your gear including your wetsuit, towel, goggles, caps, etc into your transition bag. Things not in a bag will be piled into a lost and found area for you to search through later. All of your gear from T1, swim venue, will be transported to T2. Please do your best and be responsible of your items, placing them in your T1 Bag.
Race Day Logistics
NOTE: If you are registered and were not able to pick up your race packet on Saturday, there is late check in is at Rattlesnake Bar State Park , T1, from 5:30-6:45 a.m. You still will need to have your USAT card and Photo ID to pick up your packet and bring correct change or check ($15 made out to USAT for a one day license) If you are coming directly to the lake and not to T2, realize that you will need your shoes in downtown Auburn @ Lincoln Way & High St.
- Set your bike-to-run transition area in downtown Auburn @ Lincoln & High St. You can also set your transition area Saturday, leaving your shoes in your T2 bag.
- Ways to get to Transition #1/Swim Start:
- Ride Down from Downtown Auburn. This is an easy 6.5 mile bike ride from the downtown Auburn @ Lincoln Way & High St. and is almost entirely a descent. Note the route we recommend is not the bike course backwards but the most efficient and easiest route to T1 to follow. This is a great warm up for your body on race morning. Bring a backpack to transport your wetsuit and all T1 items safely. Be sure to have a flashlight. AND LEAVE YOUR RUNNING SHOES AT T2.
- Take the shuttle: Click Here to see the shuttle schedule and pickup locations.
- Get dropped off at T1 by family or friends, here is the parking locations for T1 & T2.
- T1 at Rattlesnake Bar will close at 6:50 a.m. sharp! This will be highly enforced as we do not want anybody setting up their transition or riding down the road to T1 while racers are coming out of the water or are riding up the road following their swim.
- Have a great and safe race!