Saturday, June 2, 2018:
Race Expo, Athlete Check in and Registration, Raffle, T2 Set-up, Mandatory Pre-race meeting, Iron-prayer with guest speaker, plus a FREE pasta meal.
All taking place in downtown Auburn @ Lincoln & High St.
11am – 5pm
- Athlete Check-in
- T2 Set-up (Bike to Run, T1 set up is on Sunday morning)
- Raffle Tickets for sale (to benefit non-profit volunteer groups.
Our Non-Profit Volunteer Groups: Kiwanis – 49er Lions and Meadow Vista Lions Club, Placer High Band, UC Davis Tri Club, Sacramento Tri Club, Running School, Placer High Swim Team
3pm – 4pm
- Mandatory pre-race meeting
We strongly encourage you to attend the course talk at 3:00 p.m. for updates and important information with regards to logistics of the courses etc as this race is just that logistical for all.
4pm – 5pm
- Ironprayer and FREE Pasta Feed sponsored by FCA Endurance.
Hosted by FCA and multi Auburn Half competitors, Troy Soares and his wife, Robin. Both Troy and Robin race each year and then go captain the Maidu run aid station, hats off to them!
Athlete Check-in and Registration
Packet Pick-up is on Saturday, June 2, 2018 from 11:00am – 5:00 p.m. in downtown Auburn which is T2 and Finish Line. We prefer that you pick up your packet and “goody” bag on Saturday so that you can attend the Mandatory Meeting on Saturday at 3:00 p.m. You will be able to pick up your packet at Rattlesnake Bar State Park on Sunday morning from 5:30 – 6:45 a.m. if you absolutely cannot pick up on Saturday. You will not receive your goody bag and race shirt at Rattlesnake Bar. You will need to pick it up after you finish your race at the information tent. Sunday pickups will not be guaranteed their shirt size. Be prepared to come early as there will be limited staff doing late packet pick up. Be sure to bring your USAT card and photo ID to Packet Pickup for both Saturday and Sunday morning.
If you are a USAT Annual Member, you must bring your card and photo ID. If you do not have your card you can use your smart phone and bring it up electronically.
If you are NOT a USAT Annual Member you will need to purchase a 1-day license of $15.00.
Sunday, June 3, 2018 (Race Day)
- T2 shoe drop-off
5:30 – 6:45 a.m.
- Late Participant Check-in at Rattlesnake Bar State Park at Folsom Lake
USE “RATTLESNAKE BAR BOAT LAUNCH, LOOMIS, CA” (Google Maps)
The road to T1 closes no matter what at 7:00 till last bike leaves.
- T1 CLOSES – STRICTLY ENFORCED – Everyone in all events should have their transition set up and be ready to go.
Wave Starts (The first wave will be at 7:00 a.m.)
- 7:00 a.m. – Half Men and Men Aquabike
- 7:05 a.m. – Half Women and Women Aquabike and Relays
- 7:10 a.m. – International Men
- 7:15 a.m. – International Women and Relays
- 7:30 a.m. – Sprint Men (we may adjust the Mini time a little)
- 7:35 a.m. – Sprint Women
SUNDAY in Downtown Auburn
- Race Expo Opens
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Post race athlete and volunteer meal (There will be breakfast and lunch available for sale for spectators).
- Raffle will be drawn and winners announced thruout the day. If out on course when name drawn, check your phone we will text and leave a message or check the raffle table. We will only make two attempts to reach you, first when drawn and announced; and second by text. So be sure to check your cell phones before you leave for the day.
- Sprint Triathlon Award Ceremony
- International & Aquabike Award Ceremony
- Half Iron Run Start Cutoff Time (5 hr and 15 min after final wave start)
- Half Iron and Aquabike Award Ceremony
- Half Finish Time (8:30 after final wave)