Schedule of Events
Saturday, June 2, 2018:
Race Expo, Athlete Check in and Registration, Raffle, T2 Set-up, and Mandatory Pre-race meeting. All taking place in downtown Auburn @ Lincoln Way & High St.
11am – 5pm
- Athlete Check-in
- T2 Set-up
3pm – 4pm
- Mandatory pre-race meeting
We strongly encourage you to attend the course talk at 3:00 p.m. for updates and important information with regards to logistics of the courses etc as this race is just that logistical for all.
4pm – 5pm
Hosted by FCA and multi Auburn Half competitors, Troy Soares and his wife, Robin. Both Troy and Robin race each year and then go captain the Maidu run aid station, hats off to them!
Athlete Check-in and Registration
Packet Pick-up is on Saturday, June 2, 2018 from 11:00am – 5:00 p.m. in downtown Auburn which is T2 and Finish Line. We prefer that you pick up your packet and “goody” bag on Saturday so that you can attend the Mandatory Meeting on Saturday at 3:00 p.m. You will be able to pick up your packet at Rattlesnake Bar State Park on Sunday morning from 5:30 – 6:45 a.m. if you absolutely cannot pick up on Saturday. You will not receive your goody bag and race shirt at Rattlesnake Bar. You will need to pick it up after you finish your race at the information tent. Sunday pickups will not be guaranteed their shirt size. Be prepared to come early as there will be limited staff doing late packet pick up. Be sure to bring your USAT card and photo ID to Packet Pickup for both Saturday and Sunday morning.
If you are a USAT Annual Member, you must bring your card and photo ID. If you do not have your card you can use your smart phone and bring it up electronically.
If you are NOT a USAT Annual Member you will need to purchase a 1-day license of $15.00.
Sunday, June 3, 2018 (Race Day)
- T2 shoe drop-off if you didn’t do this on Saturday. Lincoln Way & High St
- First shuttles leave for Rattlesnack Bar & Swim Start location
5:30 – 6:45 a.m.
- Race Day Registration at Rattlesnake Bar Boat Launch
- Late Participant Check-in at Rattlesnake Bar Boat Launch at Folsom Lake
- USE “RATTLESNAKE BAR BOAT LAUNCH, LOOMIS, CA” (Google Maps) The road to T1 closes no matter what at 7:00 till last bike leaves.
- 6am: Second shuttles leave for Rattlesnack Bar & Swim Start location
- T1 CLOSES – Everyone in all events should have their transition set up and be ready to go.
Wave Starts (The first wave will be at 7:00 a.m.)
- 7:00 a.m. – Half Iron & Aquabike Men
- 7:03 a.m. – Half Iron & Aquabike Women and Relays
- 7:15 a.m. – Olympic & Aquabike Men
- 7:18 a.m. – Olympic & Aquabike Women and Relays
- 7:30 a.m. – Sprint Men
- 7:33 a.m. – Sprint Women
SUNDAY in Downtown Auburn
- Race Expo Opens
8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Post race athlete and volunteer meal (There will be breakfast and lunch available for sale for spectators).
- Raffle will be drawn and winners announced thruout the day. If out on course when name drawn, check your phone we will text and leave a message or check the raffle table. We will only make two attempts to reach you, first when drawn and announced; and second by text. So be sure to check your cell phones before you leave for the day.
- Sprint Triathlon Award Ceremony
- Olympic Award Ceremony
- Half Iron Bike Course Cutoff Time (5 hr and 30 min after final wave start)
- Half Iron Award Ceremony
- Half Finish Time (8 hours after final wave)